Sovereign Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sovereign FW Trailer HometiPortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterRulesLog in

Sovereign will be playing Neverwinter in the Beholder Server. Join us now!

Sovereign FW Trailer

Go down 
+2
Ryuuketsu
SirAnon
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Sovereign FW Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Sovereign FW Trailer   Sovereign FW Trailer EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 9:30 am

I had a little bit of free time today, and decided to start some work on animation.

To Mirage: I will almost certainly not have time to complete a full trailer without your help, but can definitely contribute bits and pieces.

I am going to use Adobe After Effects CS4 for the primary animation and then merge custom animations and video clips in Vegas Pro. I might have a sample intro ready in the next few days and would appreciate feedback on it should I actually get that far.

Anyway, just wanted to let you guys know that at least something is in the works. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
SirAnon
Sovereign Loyalists - Past Glory
Sovereign Loyalists -  Past Glory
SirAnon

PostSubject: Re: Sovereign FW Trailer   Sovereign FW Trailer EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 11:00 am

Well that's great. It's a nice idea to have a guild 'sneak peek' I'll call it, because it'll attract members. If you need help with suggestions on what should be in it, feel free to ask. I'm sure other members would love to help as well.
Back to top Go down
Ryuuketsu
Sovereign - Major
Sovereign - Major
Ryuuketsu

PostSubject: Re: Sovereign FW Trailer   Sovereign FW Trailer EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 11:27 am

Thanks for the initiative guys. Unfortunately, we don't really have a clipping from the previous games we've played. So, there is nothing on that aspect I can help you with.

Looking forward to seeing what you guys will come up with.

~Ryuu
Back to top Go down
Reivalt Geriant
Reivalt Geriant

PostSubject: Re: Sovereign FW Trailer   Sovereign FW Trailer EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 3:25 pm

Yep, although we do not have any actual footage of the guild (yet) I'm very curious to see what you guys can come up with. Before anything else, know your efforts are really appreciated and looking forward to any progress there may be Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.sovereign-legion.net/
Raiken
+ Sovereign Legion - Legionnaire
Raiken

PostSubject: Re: Sovereign FW Trailer   Sovereign FW Trailer EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 6:52 pm

Erm...may i suggest something ?? we could make a short clip from Flo just for the begining - but it will look like childish as a game Razz

another way is just to wait for the CB release if u want to be it based on guild action in game
but
i think it would be nicer to have one trailer that will represent our guild - no matter if it's gonna be game based or not Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sovereign FW Trailer   Sovereign FW Trailer EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 1:12 am

I have finished a short segment of several intro effects that I think look decent. I threw some music on top of it, and have christened it the first Sovereign FW trailer. I'll edit this post with a link once I get a chance to upload it, but for now you guys can salivate in anticipation Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Raiken
Raiken

PostSubject: Re: Sovereign FW Trailer   Sovereign FW Trailer EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 1:44 am

*eats all his cookies - ice cream - pancakes - chocolates - his cat - his GF's leg o.O*

Just can't wait to see - hope the background music is not the OST from Titanic >.>
Back to top Go down
Ryuuketsu
Sovereign - Major
Sovereign - Major
Ryuuketsu

PostSubject: Re: Sovereign FW Trailer   Sovereign FW Trailer EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 1:48 am

Translucent wrote:
but for now you guys can salivate in anticipation Very Happy

Cruel ! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

On a more serious note, I'm quite excited to see the trailer. ^^

~Ryuu
Back to top Go down
Aries
Aries

PostSubject: Re: Sovereign FW Trailer   Sovereign FW Trailer EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 2:56 am

I'm making a Sovereign FW Trailer too, well I'll attempt to.
I never made any videos before so I'm following tutorials on youtube.

I have some questions though:

1. Whats the real difference from Sony Vegas and Adobe After Effects CS4? And which should be the primary program I use for a game video?

2. I downloaded some FW trailers to use in the video, how do I take out the music from the FW trailer without deleting anything from the clip, so I can use my own music on it.

Thanks for any advice Translucent

~Sealed
Back to top Go down
Mizasuke
+ Sovereign Loyalists - Veteran
+ Sovereign Loyalists - Veteran
Mizasuke

PostSubject: Re: Sovereign FW Trailer   Sovereign FW Trailer EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 3:05 am

Well as my expiriences go many cod frag movie makers used both because some are better for other purposes.

Also I suppose Sony Vegas is easier to learn, though you will need many hours just to get hang of basics.

If you wanna learn After Effects you can use site Videocopilot.

You will have good basics by following that tuts. I have some knowledge about AA but have no time for that now.

Good luck on making movies.

Also I reccomend you when you are doing tuts, don't just follow it like he shows on tut. Play with options and try to make something of your own and unique. Thats best way to learn it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sovereign FW Trailer   Sovereign FW Trailer EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 3:20 am

I agree with what Mizasuke said. I do have a couple things to add about your questions Sealed.

1. The primary difference is the complexity of each program. Vegas is kind of like Windows Movie Maker on steroids. It can do much more than Movie Maker, but is still limited in terms of creativity and 3D aspects. After Effects is primarily an animation based piece of software; kinda like Maya or Fireworks if you know of them. The one thing After Effects CANNOT do is edit audio. So After Effects is used in the creation phase, and then it is transferred out of AE and into Vegas for 'final production.'

2. If you import those videos into Vegas or even Windows Movie Maker, it should separate the audio track from the video track, allowing you to manipulate each one separately.

And I'm still waiting to upload my 'trailer,' haven't gotten a chance to start it yet.
Back to top Go down
SirAnon
SirAnon

PostSubject: Re: Sovereign FW Trailer   Sovereign FW Trailer EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 3:24 am

Well now I'm anticipating both the game and this trailer. Good work thought Translucent, you should also post in the Banner thread. We want you there!

Don't feel rushed Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Raiken
Raiken

PostSubject: Re: Sovereign FW Trailer   Sovereign FW Trailer EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 3:24 am

Translucent wrote:
And I'm still waiting to upload my 'trailer,' haven't gotten a chance to start it yet.

T.T ...
Back to top Go down
Aries
Aries

PostSubject: Re: Sovereign FW Trailer   Sovereign FW Trailer EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 3:26 am

Ahh okay thanks, I was doing the opposite, I first imported my project to Sony Vegas Pro, then planned to transport it to after effects.
Well thank you, I'll figure the rest out myself. Razz

~Sealed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sovereign FW Trailer   Sovereign FW Trailer EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 5:55 am

I haven't started yet but I have it all in my head. (I'm usually really busy on weekends) Would love to speak to you trans when you get time about what you have already.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sovereign FW Trailer   Sovereign FW Trailer EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 5:16 am

Well I have finally uploaded my snippit of video! Had a talk with my ISP, and apparently something is up between them and youtube, so I simply uploaded the file to mediafire.

Link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?gnlwukmnywd

The render is a 2D lower quality render because my upload speed is garbage right now, but I still think it looks decent. transitions need to be cleaned up, etc, but it's at least a few ideas. Feedback would be great, especially from Sealed on the topic of the crest animation.

OH - and the music is the first thing I could find that is upbeat. It would probably be replaced by an orquestral piece, like what Sealed has in his intro.
Back to top Go down
SirAnon
SirAnon

PostSubject: Re: Sovereign FW Trailer   Sovereign FW Trailer EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 5:31 am

It says the file is not found.

EDIT: Ok now it won't let me download it.

EDIT: The link doesn't work.
Back to top Go down
Aries
Aries

PostSubject: Re: Sovereign FW Trailer   Sovereign FW Trailer EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 5:44 am

The video is awesome man!!
Good recruitment video, I bet it will help us recruit more players and spread the word that Sovereign has landed on Forsaken World.

But there is one thing that I see that could be improved on...... The black background is kind of a turn down, the text and image effects are amazing, but the atmosphere doesn't feel right. It looks kinda like a fancy video floating in space.

My suggestion would be to add something in the background that represents sovereign. Like a Kingdom's Castle for example. A Castle represents power, royalty, and wealth. Would go well with the rainy effect part in your video, seeing the rain in front of the castle background and the Sovereign crest appearing, symbolizing that "Power, Royalty, and Wealth" represents us.

Anyways that's just my opinion on what needs to be improved, and that's my vision of how you should improve it.

As for the music, the reason why I went with a orchestra theme is because every time I think of the word Sovereign, I think of a powerful Empire rising in the Mid-evil times. So I chose a orchestra theme to my intro, and my feature trailer. If you want me to list some artists or songs for that theme, just let me know.

By the way, I like the first Sovereign crest in your video, the golden one that appeared in the rain. If you could send me a picture of it that would be perfect.

~Sealed
Back to top Go down
SirAnon
SirAnon

PostSubject: Re: Sovereign FW Trailer   Sovereign FW Trailer EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 5:58 am

It won't let me download it =/

Sealed, could you re-upload it to another site or something?
Back to top Go down
Aries
Aries

PostSubject: Re: Sovereign FW Trailer   Sovereign FW Trailer EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 6:17 am

SirAnon wrote:
It won't let me download it =/

Sealed, could you re-upload it to another site or something?

Ask and you shall receive:
https://www.youtube.com/user/SovereignFW#p/a/u/0/_AzKHLc3PV4

I shouldn't really post it on my youtube channel without Translucent's permission even though I gave credit to him under the video description. But I'm trying to make the youtube channel a official "Sovereign youtube channel" that all of our videos will go to, I will make a topic about it soon, and I will ask ryuu to approve it.

~Sealed
Back to top Go down
SirAnon
SirAnon

PostSubject: Re: Sovereign FW Trailer   Sovereign FW Trailer EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 6:28 am

Thanks Sealed, and nice trailer Translucent.

-The quality of the logo needs to be upped as you stated.
-Maybe some cooler fonts.
-The music, I'm not sure what we could use, but something to the effect of Sealed's intro.
-Game footage.

Overall though, the trailer was pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Aries
Aries

PostSubject: Re: Sovereign FW Trailer   Sovereign FW Trailer EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 6:32 am

I think of it more as a Recruitment Video rather than a Sovereign Trailer.

Our Sovereign Trailer will be at least 5 minutes long, very detailed and planned out, and will be the most epic guild trailer you will ever see.

~Sealed
Back to top Go down
SirAnon
SirAnon

PostSubject: Re: Sovereign FW Trailer   Sovereign FW Trailer EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 6:36 am

Well, it's good to know it's in capable hands Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sovereign FW Trailer   Sovereign FW Trailer EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 7:46 am

Thanks for the suggestions guys. And ya, they quality is obviously very low lol. I was trying to get a few more ideas out there on what can actually be done.

The black background wasnt really a background; I just didnt bother putting any image behind the video. It is less of a trailer and more of an animation expo I suppose. I think that a castle would be a great idea, especially with enhanced rain effects and a higher quality crest.

In reference to the guild trailer vs a recruitment trailer, I agree with Sealed. I think we need a fairly lengthy general guild trailer that is SUPER epic, in addition to other short recruitment-type game clips. I would definitely be up for collaboration with Sealed and Mirage (havent heard from him yet) since my summer classes end soon. I will have much more time to devote to a quality end-product Smile

Also, I'll send that golden crest your way Sealed.
Back to top Go down
SirAnon
SirAnon

PostSubject: Re: Sovereign FW Trailer   Sovereign FW Trailer EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 7:49 am

Well that is definitely good to hear. I'd like to help myself but I'm no good with video-editing, at least I haven't tried. Keep us updated Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sovereign FW Trailer   Sovereign FW Trailer Empty

Back to top Go down

Sovereign FW Trailer
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next