Sovereign Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Animoe/Mangar Thread HometiPortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterRulesLog in

Sovereign will be playing Neverwinter in the Beholder Server. Join us now!

The Animoe/Mangar Thread

Go down 
+3
Raiken
Kóinzell
Reivalt Geriant
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Reivalt Geriant
Sovereign Loyalists - Past Glory
Sovereign Loyalists -  Past Glory
Reivalt Geriant

The Animoe/Mangar Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Animoe/Mangar Thread   The Animoe/Mangar Thread EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 5:45 pm

Before anyone asks, the alternative version of 'anime/manga' in the topic title was taken from /a/
Personally I thought it was a great reflection of the difference between anime and manga so decided to go with it. Now, a thread all about the stuff instead of posting it across several places. Currently watching, planning to watch, MaL/AP profiles -- post it all here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sovereign-legion.net/
Reivalt Geriant
Reivalt Geriant

PostSubject: Re: The Animoe/Mangar Thread   The Animoe/Mangar Thread EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 5:48 pm

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Susanou
Used Anime-Planet in the past but decided to switch to MyAnimeList. Much better in my opinion.

For upcoming series I recommend this site:
http://chartfag.wordpress.com/

The guy usually has a chart ready before the new season starts.

Currently watching Angel Beats, B Gata H Kei, Fair Tail, Hakuouki, Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou and Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Basically a bit of everything, above list will probably be narrowed down as more eps follow.
Back to top Go down
Kóinzell
+ Sovereign Loyalists - Veteran
Kóinzell

PostSubject: Re: The Animoe/Mangar Thread   The Animoe/Mangar Thread EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 6:28 pm

Muwahahaha my junior anime viewer, call me your sen-pai!..I just waited for the moment you made a topic about it. Smile
There are a lot of interesting animes if you click on my signature.. Though there are a couple of animes that i watched with boredom and just added them to my watched list.. -.-

Some great animes...

Golgo 13
Cromartie high school
Hareluya Boy II (I watched this series without subs, cause i didn't find any translated versions)
Darker than black
Major
Hajime no Ippo
Akagi
Kaiji
Gintama
Busou Renkin
Ichiban Ushiro no Daimao (Ecchi which goes against my style..But otherwise a great series)
Eagle Talon
Gokudo-kun no mankyuki
Sugoiyo!! Masaru-san
Rune soldier louie
The law of ueki
Great teacher onizuka
Berserk (I heavily recommend it!)

Hmm can't think of anything more in the moment... These are some animes that just like to pop-up in my mind and i like to watch em again.... Especially Berserk, too fuckin badass!!
Back to top Go down
Reivalt Geriant
Reivalt Geriant

PostSubject: Re: The Animoe/Mangar Thread   The Animoe/Mangar Thread EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 6:33 pm

Would 'Ojii' do as well instead of senpai? Razz

Geenius3ab wrote:

Ichiban Ushiro no Daimao (Ecchi which goes against my style..But otherwise a great series)
This. I have been a waiting in anticipation until this series got animated and I was more than happy the moment I saw it on this season's list. Who doesn't love a healthy mix of fanservice, funny characters and a demon lord that can and will be actually evil at times. Good to see another person on it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kóinzell
Kóinzell

PostSubject: Re: The Animoe/Mangar Thread   The Animoe/Mangar Thread EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 6:54 pm

Synard wrote:
Would 'Ojii' do as well instead of senpai? Razz

Geenius3ab wrote:

This. I have been a waiting in anticipation until this series got animated and I was more than happy the moment I saw it on this season's list. Who doesn't love a healthy mix of fanservice, funny characters and a demon lord that can and will be actually evil at times. Good to see another person on it Very Happy

... Ojii is a bit ya'know
Well i like the series cause it has a few 'good' moments and those 'ecchi' moments don't last that long though the scenes are a bit too concentrated on 'ecchi' for my taste though.. It had a few bloody scenes + the character isn't a pussy like in 85% of those ecchi animes (Or a hardcore pervert)!

And some scenes of COOL PERVERTS!

The Animoe/Mangar Thread 003
The Animoe/Mangar Thread 004
The Animoe/Mangar Thread 005
Ahh and now a romantic moment between men..
The Animoe/Mangar Thread 002

Last edited by Geenius3ab on Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Reivalt Geriant
Reivalt Geriant

PostSubject: Re: The Animoe/Mangar Thread   The Animoe/Mangar Thread EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 7:30 pm

That first comic..that's what I call fulfilling your duty as a man and dying in action Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Animoe/Mangar Thread   The Animoe/Mangar Thread EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 8:52 pm

Haha, I believe I already exchanged anime profiles with Synard. However here's mine if anyone wants it: SoJexy's Anime Profile

As for really good series that left me crapping my pants, the following come to mind:
Quote :
Clannad
Death Note
Code Geass
Ga-Rei Zero
Eden of the East
Kara no Kyoukai Movie Series
5cm per Second

My personal list isn't up to date right now though, I'll update it later when I got time.
Back to top Go down
Raiken
+ Sovereign Legion - Legionnaire
Raiken

PostSubject: Re: The Animoe/Mangar Thread   The Animoe/Mangar Thread EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 11:03 pm

i make manga by myself - i'm sketcher Wink
but i look around the net to get new ideas u know ...
Back to top Go down
Reivalt Geriant
Reivalt Geriant

PostSubject: Re: The Animoe/Mangar Thread   The Animoe/Mangar Thread EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 12:18 am

A friend linked me to this today. Basically it's all reasons you need why "Training with Hinako! (OVA)" is the best anime of the past year.

http://www.anime-planet.com/forum/site-announcements/42468-community-awards-cancelled-ive-realized-one-anime-deserves-all-awards.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Animoe/Mangar Thread   The Animoe/Mangar Thread EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 1:11 am

Synard wrote:
A friend linked me to this today. Basically it's all reasons you need why "Training with Hinako! (OVA)" is the best anime of the past year.

http://www.anime-planet.com/forum/site-announcements/42468-community-awards-cancelled-ive-realized-one-anime-deserves-all-awards.html

Oh god, hahahahaha, that's horrible. Special award to Kodomo no Jikan? That's even worse.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Animoe/Mangar Thread   The Animoe/Mangar Thread EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 10:20 pm

cool an anime and manga thread. Very Happy im not that much of an anime/manga junkie but i've read and watched a couple. im currently watching naruto,bleach(has lots of fillers. xD damn.), k-on, maid sama, death note(yeah, i know. i missed out. i'm trying to catchup. Very Happy) and one piece(still catching up. xD). any good animes you guys could recommend would be great. thnx. Very Happy

this guild is awesome. :DDDDD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Animoe/Mangar Thread   The Animoe/Mangar Thread EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 11:13 pm

Assyrk wrote:
cool an anime and manga thread. Very Happy im not that much of an anime/manga junkie but i've read and watched a couple. im currently watching naruto,bleach(has lots of fillers. xD damn.), k-on, maid sama, death note(yeah, i know. i missed out. i'm trying to catchup. Very Happy) and one piece(still catching up. xD). any good animes you guys could recommend would be great. thnx. Very Happy

Depends on what kinda anime you want! Romance, slice of life, comedy, action, horror, suspense, harem, drama, etc. Give us a genre and what you're looking for and I'm sure one of us can give you a good suggestion!
Back to top Go down
Mizasuke
Mizasuke

PostSubject: Re: The Animoe/Mangar Thread   The Animoe/Mangar Thread EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 12:33 am

I would recommend The Breaker manhwa if you like action/martial arts manga.

I also would like to recommend you Holyland manga (one of my favorites). Its martial arts with real moves(not those kame hame ha) and pretty good story.

If you are feeling that you need comedy I would recommend you Great Teacher Onizuka anime.

And sugar at the end my favorite manga Berserk - dark fantasy manga. That manga is just epic and Band of a Hawk arc in it are one of the best story telling pieces I ever read after Song of Ice and Fire book serial.

Thats all for now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Animoe/Mangar Thread   The Animoe/Mangar Thread EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 11:29 am

SoJexy wrote:
Assyrk wrote:

Depends on what kinda anime you want! Romance, slice of life, comedy, action, horror, suspense, harem, drama, etc. Give us a genre and what you're looking for and I'm sure one of us can give you a good suggestion!

XD i like comedy stuff. but i'd go for animes like naruto, bleach and one piece. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Animoe/Mangar Thread   The Animoe/Mangar Thread EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 12:25 pm

Try "Toppen Tengen Gurren Lagann" then. It might be something you'd like.
Back to top Go down
Mizasuke
Mizasuke

PostSubject: Re: The Animoe/Mangar Thread   The Animoe/Mangar Thread EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 2:27 pm

Oh well Assyrk try History's strongest disciple Kenichi- its action/martial art anime/manga with nice dose of comedy in it. Very good anime.

Last edited by Mizasuke on Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Reivalt Geriant
Reivalt Geriant

PostSubject: Re: The Animoe/Mangar Thread   The Animoe/Mangar Thread EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 3:36 pm

Mizasuke wrote:
Oh well Assyrk try History's strongest disciple Kenichi- its action/martial art manga with nice dose of comedy in it. Very good anime.
It would be even better if they actually made a second season. The manga is closing in on ~400 chapters, the first season only covers about the first ~150 before the Yomi/Yami arc.

Also, use the recommendation system if you need something new to watch. If you enter an anime or manga name on a site like MyAnimeList or Anime-Planet the page for that anime/manga usually has recommendations for something similar.
Back to top Go down
Mizasuke
Mizasuke

PostSubject: Re: The Animoe/Mangar Thread   The Animoe/Mangar Thread EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 3:42 pm

Synard wrote:
Mizasuke wrote:
Oh well Assyrk try History's strongest disciple Kenichi- its action/martial art manga with nice dose of comedy in it. Very good anime.
It would be even better if they actually made a second season. The manga is closing in on ~400 chapters, the first season only covers about the first ~150 before the Yomi/Yami arc.

I need to agree with you. It would be awesome if there was 2nd,3rd... seasons to cover whole manga.
Back to top Go down
Kóinzell
Kóinzell

PostSubject: Re: The Animoe/Mangar Thread   The Animoe/Mangar Thread EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 5:36 pm

Mizasuke wrote:
I would recommend The Breaker manhwa if you like action/martial arts manga.

I also would like to recommend you Holyland manga (one of my favorites). Its martial arts with real moves(not those kame hame ha) and pretty good story.

If you are feeling that you need comedy I would recommend you Great Teacher Onizuka anime.

And sugar at the end my favorite manga Berserk - dark fantasy manga. That manga is just epic and Band of a Hawk arc in it are one of the best story telling pieces I ever read after Song of Ice and Fire book serial.

Thats all for now.

If you liked 'the breaker' you will seriously love 'veritas' (If you already haven't red it).. I think it might even be better than breaker from time to time... Gangryong is rather awesome in terms of personality. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mizasuke
Mizasuke

PostSubject: Re: The Animoe/Mangar Thread   The Animoe/Mangar Thread EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 6:46 pm

Yea I like veritas, too. Gangryong have fkin nice personality better than half manga's pussy wussy characters Very Happy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Animoe/Mangar Thread   The Animoe/Mangar Thread EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:29 pm

cool. Very Happy thnx. those are listed on my to watch/read list.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Sovereign Legion - Intermediate
Sovereign Legion - Intermediate
Alice

PostSubject: Re: The Animoe/Mangar Thread   The Animoe/Mangar Thread EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 3:04 pm

I just finished watching 'Baka to Test to Shōkanjū' and I must say I had a lot of fun watching it. It's not the usual style of anime that I watch though x__x expect to see a lot of nosebleeds and ecchi/funny scenes. I love the drawing style and opening song so it was a no-brainer to simply watch the 13 episodes.
Back to top Go down
Reivalt Geriant
Reivalt Geriant

PostSubject: Re: The Animoe/Mangar Thread   The Animoe/Mangar Thread EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 3:35 pm

BakaTest was the gem of the past season to me. The best news is the fact that a second season is in the making.

We have something to look forward to.
Back to top Go down
Raiken
Raiken

PostSubject: Re: The Animoe/Mangar Thread   The Animoe/Mangar Thread EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 10:54 pm

nice web - sites Wink
Back to top Go down
Mizasuke
Mizasuke

PostSubject: Re: The Animoe/Mangar Thread   The Animoe/Mangar Thread EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 3:14 am

Oh just remembered one of best anime/mangas of all time.

I watched/read this anime/manga many times and I always laugh as hard as I can.

It is masterpiece called Slam Dunk about basketball (even if you don't like basketball you will love it in this anime).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Animoe/Mangar Thread   The Animoe/Mangar Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The Animoe/Mangar Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next