Sovereign Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Funny Idea HometiPortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterRulesLog in

Sovereign will be playing Neverwinter in the Beholder Server. Join us now!

Funny Idea

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Praetor
+ Sovereign Legion - Legionnaire
Praetor

Funny Idea Empty
PostSubject: Funny Idea   Funny Idea EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 6:10 am

Do you think we can ask GM and MODs of HOTK to help us organize a huge event?

This idea is so grandiose that it probably won't be possible for ob but we can certainly ask for the actual release of the game.

Im talking MAJOR ceremony, taken in Chang'an with special decoration and everything.

Before I get too carried away, let me fill you in the basis of this idea:

Yesterday Me Raaven and Johnny were talking, and they both commented how they're the oldest male/female in the guild. And they called themselves big daddy, and mother. So then I realized that HOTK actually HAS a marriage option (a true tradition in PW). But like other PW games, marriage is quite dull, just a few button clicks. So then I thought, Why not organize a giant event for everyone to participate in? For a week, advertise that on realm 13 (or realm of our choice) That there was going to be a marriage, and that there will be PVP tournament and prizes at the end, so people go to this website (not this forum but maybe blogroll or wordpress) and sign up for pvp contest. We ask everyone arriving a gift of 10 silver or more but not manditory to pay for the prize of pvp contest, and to congratulate couple getting married (wedding gift if you get my drift), and ask that people joining pvp contest pay 50 silvers which goes to the pool of prize money. As a guild I suggest we donate one gold per person to this pool (you can join in on pvp contest too), and winner gets 50% of winnings, 2nd place gets 20% and 3rd gets 5%. Where does the other 25% go to? the 10% can go to each married person, and the last 5% goes to the winner of all out party vs party pvp, if available at the time.

Now this is where the fun begins. This is a role playing game and I say we request GM for arranging something special. First thing we need is awesome gown and tux costumes for our characters, since wedding will not be cool without proper wear. WE ask that they design that for us, and we'll buy it (everyone contribute a dollar!) Second we ask if it is possible if marriage NPC could be moved to the top of the stairs on one of the palace in chang an for just that day for just that realm, and decorate the path in red carpet. THen we ask if we can have falling flower pedal animation all over the said palace. And then we ask gm to make it official by handing over all the money gathered up by donations to the GM and make the PVP contest real legit, by having the GM award the champion the money. Finally we ask that GM help announce everything happeneing around this event.

Also we ask GM team if party based pvp system could be implemented for the actual game.

Most of these are actually possible, and can be very interesting. HOWEVER IT CANNOT BE DONE BY MYSELF. I will need support in this. If people of Sovereign is willing to help, we can make this funny plan into reality.

What say you guys?
Back to top Go down
Patronus
Sovereign Loyalists - Past Glory
Sovereign Loyalists -  Past Glory

Funny Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Idea   Funny Idea EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 6:14 am

i say it's a very interesting idea. I don't know how the GMs would feel (who does?) but it could be interesting. The only thing is it would probably take a while to get into effect because PWE has a lot of work to do on patches and shit like that. If it comes together though I'm game. Is it possible? Yes. Will the GM's take? Who knows.

But about the $1 contribution, you're talking real money? I'm not sure how many people would be willing to give, I know it's only $1 but they might not like it simply because it is a free game to play.
Back to top Go down
Praetor
Praetor

Funny Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Idea   Funny Idea EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 6:16 am

Oh and since it IS a marriage we also need someone to give a speech (as best man) and a rabbi who authenticate this event (probably a GM but if not, ryu if possible)

Oh and you'd be surprised at the control gm have over the game. But you're right, will they be willing to make a patch JUST for us? I don't know. I think we need to have a significant portion of the people to join in on this even for them to consider, so we'll need lots of support from everyone. Lets make the best event ever organized by an ingame guild Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Patronus

Funny Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Idea   Funny Idea EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 6:19 am

We definately have a lot of people in Sovereign playing HoTK. We would probably also need to include another faction or at least other players, like a petition, this would need a lot of people to sign on.

Like I said I'm game. Would be pretty cool to have an event like that. Would definately need to take some screen shots and post em up.
Back to top Go down
Reivalt Geriant
Reivalt Geriant

Funny Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Idea   Funny Idea EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 4:28 pm

Sounds like a nice idea, some screenshots of our guild at an event in HotK would be something I could really use for the 'why to join Sovereign' thread Smile

I'll leave this one up to our HotK management. As I told Johnny yesterday, my job in HotK is done so it's all up to them Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.sovereign-legion.net/
Sociopath
Sociopath

Funny Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Idea   Funny Idea EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 6:30 pm

Reivalt wrote:
Sounds like a nice idea, some screenshots of our guild at an event in HotK would be something I could really use for the 'why to join Sovereign' thread Smile

I'll leave this one up to our HotK management. As I told Johnny yesterday, my job in HotK is done so it's all up to them Razz

Yes, a screenshot with a bunch of members on it will surely attract more people to join Sovereign since they will have an 'alive' proof that we are active in games (:

Nice idea Praetor, I would like to see this happed and become true in the near future ^.^
Back to top Go down

Funny Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Idea   Funny Idea EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 6:51 pm

Great Idea Preator.

I will to support you as good as I can from germany with my casual english Razz

Gather some people around you and try to make the best thing you can.

(If the GM´s would help, just try to make an guild event with the given possibilities. WOuld love to see a big Event at the beginning of OB)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Funny Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Idea   Funny Idea Empty

Back to top Go down

Funny Idea
Page 1 of 1