Sovereign Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hawken, the new FPS HometiPortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterRulesLog in

Sovereign will be playing Neverwinter in the Beholder Server. Join us now!

Hawken, the new FPS

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Raik3n_o.O
Ensign
Raik3n_o.O

Hawken, the new FPS Empty
PostSubject: Hawken, the new FPS   Hawken, the new FPS EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 11:35 pm

Hey all,

Let me introduce you the game that I am currently awaiting for:

Cheers~
Back to top Go down
Sodamachine
+ Sovereign Loyalists - Veteran
Sodamachine

PostSubject: Re: Hawken, the new FPS   Hawken, the new FPS EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 1:15 am

I have never been much into mech FPS, but I will give SPECULATION feedback from what I could see from the trailer.

First, the cockpit looks just messy and are in the way, if they are going to waste so much space into the cockpit, make it more useful than it is now.

That clunky movement, I can clearly see this is played on a console, and imo FPS on consoles is one of the banes of videogames.

Due to it being on console, it might not even get ported to PC, and if it do, chances it being a bad port is quite high if we are going to look at statistics of todays badly ported games good vs not good.

Then again, I usually require a lot more out of games compared to normal people, and these are just speculations.

- Soda
Back to top Go down
http://www.touhou.nu
Raik3n_o.O
Ensign
Raik3n_o.O

PostSubject: Re: Hawken, the new FPS   Hawken, the new FPS EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 3:53 pm

Sodamachine wrote:
I have never been much into mech FPS, but I will give SPECULATION feedback from what I could see from the trailer.

First, the cockpit looks just messy and are in the way, if they are going to waste so much space into the cockpit, make it more useful than it is now.

That clunky movement, I can clearly see this is played on a console, and imo FPS on consoles is one of the banes of videogames.

Due to it being on console, it might not even get ported to PC, and if it do, chances it being a bad port is quite high if we are going to look at statistics of todays badly ported games good vs not good.

Then again, I usually require a lot more out of games compared to normal people, and these are just speculations.

- Soda

Oh wellz... Okay, whatever you say dude... Neutral

For me gaming = spend time while I got that some free time to waste in my life and have fun playing something on the net that will make me happy, even if it's just an instant satisfaction.

I really couldn't care less if the game is not perfect simply because if it makes me happy while I play it, then it's fine by me.

Of course the Mech pvp games are for the fans of this kind.

PS: You didn't visit the main site of the game, right? The game is gonna be released for PC + Xbox 360 + PS3. It's just a console game like you said.

Learn2inform yourself better Wink
Back to top Go down
Sodamachine
Sodamachine

PostSubject: Re: Hawken, the new FPS   Hawken, the new FPS EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 5:02 pm

Raik3n_o.O wrote:

PS: You didn't visit the main site of the game, right? The game is gonna be released for PC + Xbox 360 + PS3. It's just a console game like you said.

Learn2inform yourself better Wink[/color]

I guess you ment "This isnt just a console game"
and with that I disagree.
It is a console game because it is made for consoles, and ported over to PC, that still makes it a console game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.touhou.nu
Kóinzell
Kóinzell

PostSubject: Re: Hawken, the new FPS   Hawken, the new FPS EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 8:41 pm

Personally I think that the people who like Mechs + steampunk + FPS, coupled with FLEXIBLE, and open gameplay and maps.. They will most likely enjoy this.
And if you don't die as fast in this game, and if the maps would have some strategic positioning, then this could also be a great team game.
I can see what they're trying to do there, and it will most likely be quite popular, though it isn't up to my specific taste.

The clunkiness looks like that cause it IS a console game, but as PC games have better control over the camera, I think it won't feel that clunky on the PC.

Depending on how it's done, and how well it's advertised, it's either going to do quite well, or not at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hawken, the new FPS   Hawken, the new FPS Empty

Back to top Go down

Hawken, the new FPS
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sovereign Legion :: Sovereign - General Zone :: General Chit-Chat-
Jump to: