Sovereign Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The origin of Raven Storm HometiPortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterRulesLog in

Sovereign will be playing Neverwinter in the Beholder Server. Join us now!

The origin of Raven Storm

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ravenstorm
Sovereign Loyalists - Past Glory
Sovereign Loyalists -  Past Glory
Ravenstorm

The origin of Raven Storm Empty
PostSubject: The origin of Raven Storm   The origin of Raven Storm EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 5:58 pm

Picture a mountain. Picture a road with cherry blossom trees. Picture the sound a gentle breeze. Picture a house with a beautiful front yard full of flowers.

Picture a mountain. Picture a road of dead trees of some sort. Picture the cry of a demon child. Picture a house with a front yard disfigured by the body of one dead man.

Picture a mountain. Picture a road of molten rock. Picture the sound of a woman screaming the name of her beloved. Picture fire.

Born 750 AD to a wealthy trader and a lady of stature, I have always been in pain. After birth my mother did all she could to lose the figure of a pregnant woman, chained by rules and laws she did not agree with. She never cared for me. Neither did my father but he was "A very important man!" I tried not to care too much.

Growing up almost on my own with nobody to take care of me. Only the ravens in the forest behind the house understood my pain. Always sitting on a branch next to me, silently comforting me.

I was very known in the small town on the edge of a ravine. Always taking deliveries, talking to anyone who crossed my path. Always cheerful. Little did they know. For all they cared i was a happy, wealthy, carefree child never to see the hard side of the world and its people. However, I experienced the worlds hard side from birth. No friends, no family, no nothing.

On my 15th birthday, I got a special delivery to the old mansion almost completely on the edge. I ran as fast as my legs would carry me. It was turning dark as I got there. I rang the bell and waited. Waited for someone to open the door. 10 minutes passed and still nobody opened the door. I, deeply disappointed, began the walk home knowing i wouldn't be home by nightfall. I walked and walked and walked some more. I never saw the town loom on the horizon. I walked and walked and walked some more. Still no sight of the town.

I camped up under a tree for the night. I saw a few ravens flying over my head. Their hypnotic movements made me fall asleep very quickly. I dreamt awfully that night. I was inside my house ready to leave on my daily trip to the town. I, however, did not see the town only snow. A terrible blizzard. Went back inside. Walked back to my room. Went by the kitchen first. Mom wasn't there. Why wasn't she there? She's always there. I went looking for her. Searched the entire house. Nobody. I heard some noises outside. Ran as fast as the wind. Kicked open the door only to see my mom her dead body beind eaten by the ravens I loved so much.
Woke up screaming that night. Lying under a tree. I was covered in sweat. Looked around and I became petrified. A raven. Two ravens. Twenty? Twohundred? Fourthousand small eyes glaring at me. Not blinking. Not moving. I wanted to run. Far away. To cities beyond my wildest dreams. I thought about what those cities would look like as the ravens devoured my being, my spirit, my soul.

Last edited by Ravenstorm on Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:14 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ravenstorm
Ravenstorm

PostSubject: Re: The origin of Raven Storm   The origin of Raven Storm EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 6:00 pm

I returned home that night. My mother gave me weird looks. Asked me what had happened that made me return home so late. I didn't say anything about what i went through. I've been going through life by myself for as long as I can remember. I won't need anyone to help me now. It's too late. I went to my room just to get away from my mother and her pity attempts to be a part of my life. I wonder why she would want to be a part of my life at this stage. Pity? For me or for her? I didn't want to answer that question.

I was meditating when i heard a chariot ride up to the house. I went to check. I was surprised when i saw my father step out of the chariot. Shouldn't he be making agreements with some rich person in a far away land? He didn't see me. It looked like he didn't see my mother either because he walked right past her. I rushed back to my room.

I don't like my father very much. He hits my mother when he is angry. He used to hit me when he came home but this time was different. He walked straight to his room, ignoring me standing in my rooms doorpost. I looked for my mom. Nowhere to be seen. Father in his room, mother gone. I sneaked out.

As I entered the forest, the ravens already started to seat themselves at my usual spot. Again i see them looking at me with their glaring eyes. As if they could see right into me. I started meditating again. Not a sound was made. The silence, the warmth of the ravens, they comfort. I fell asleep.

Another dream. I saw my father scream at some kid. The sky went black. In almost pitch black i could see my father being eaten by enormous black birds. I saw him burst into flames while the ravens feasted on his burning flesh. To tell the truth. I loved it. I loved the sound of his screams, the sound of his flesh being consumed by the flames. I wished this wasn't a dream.

I woke up a lot better then the first time. No sweat. No fear. Just the desire to see my father die right before my very eyes. See him receive his ticket to the hellish fires he belongs to.

Last edited by Ravenstorm on Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ravenstorm
Ravenstorm

PostSubject: Re: The origin of Raven Storm   The origin of Raven Storm EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 6:01 pm

I got up, my back was sore. How long have I been meditating? Looked up at the sky. No sun, no moon just a bright red. I went home.
As soon as i came home I could feel something had changed. Checked the front yard, the back yard, the entire driveway. Nothing. Nothing had changed since I left.
Went inside to see my mother cooking one of her lovely dishes with plenty of spices. The smell always made me feel happy, almost reliefed from a huge burden. Not this time though. No happiness. No relief. Only anger. Anger. A feeling I haven't felt in quite a while.

Asked where dad was hanging around. Mom didn't say a word. Asked again. Nothing. Silence.
We stood there. One minute, two minutes, three.
I heard the door getting smashed open. My dad was standing there, eyes burning with rage. He had a club in his hands. He told me to run, as fast as I could. I didn't move an inch. He walked torwards me. I don't know why but i didn't defend myself at the time. He grabbed me by my hair and dragged me outside.

He threw me on the ground. My entire body felt bruised. I couldn't move. All i could do was stare at my dad's eyes. I continued to see rage as he walked torwards me, club in his hand, ready to strike me. In a flash the club hit my head. I didn't pass out, not even felt dizzy. He hit me again and again and again. He intended on smashing my head, ending my life instantly. If that happened what would happen to mom? She would probably get treated the same way. I couldn't let that happen.

The sky blackened. Not a trace of light left uncovered. Ravens. Millions of them. Dad stopped beating me to see what had happened to the red sky. Suddenly a pillar of black light shone upon me. I felt strong, body felt warm, i could see some ravens coming down while turning to dust, covering my body in the process. I looked up, thanking the gods for this blessing. However, none of our gods had a raven as their symbol. Then I remembered the the mansion on the edge. The front door had a raven engraved in it. I began thinking who might live there as a beastly skull began to grow on my head. I thought about religion classes back when i was a kid. The teacher had said something about the ruler of the dead. She had shown us a portait of him. He was a beastly man covered in ravens with a beastly skull on his head, he was holding a giant scythe.

In a flash it came to me. Ravens, the skull. All that was missing was the enormous scythe. However I didn't realise that I was already holding it.

As the light disapeared, the anger in my father's eyes disapeared as well. The anger that had once been there had been traded for fear. Lots of lovely fear. I came closer to him as he started saying an exorcising prayer. I pointed at him with a finger. Hundreds of enormous ravens began to devour him. The one thing that was missing was:"FIRE!" I screamed. The fire obeyed.

Last edited by Ravenstorm on Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:05 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ravenstorm
Ravenstorm

PostSubject: Re: The origin of Raven Storm   The origin of Raven Storm EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 6:01 pm

It wasn't just my dad that died that day. The person that I once was, that I never would be again, died with him. The people in the village at the foot of the mountain saw something had changed about me. I wasn't the cheery child I once was, only a shadow of my former self.

I got an errand to the old mansion by the edge again. Same story as before. I ran as fast as my legs could carry me. Arrived just before sunset, the sun beautifully setting in the ravine. I knocked on the door, only this time... it opened. I could hear the flaping of wings. I walked inside only to see the ravens that I knew so well. They embraced me once more as they said to me. "Kill them, kill them all and claim your heritage!"

So I did. The ravens formed a mist around me, the beastly skull covered my head and the scythe appeared in my hand.
"Engulf them in flames my son, let the land be cleansed by fire so that you may return to the place where you belong. Beside me my son. That, is where you belong!"
In a vision I saw the fire eat away at the people, their homes, their pets. The vision faded and what I saw became my own. I saw fire and molten rock for as far as the eye could see.
"This is my home. Your home. Our home."
"Her home."
I saw my mother as she screamed in fear. Calling out my name. Knowing she'd be heard.

Last edited by Ravenstorm on Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nobody
Sovereign - Field Commander
Nobody

PostSubject: Re: The origin of Raven Storm   The origin of Raven Storm EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 6:48 pm

Reserved Until he Writes Everything Razz

Last edited by Nobody on Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ravenstorm
Ravenstorm

PostSubject: Re: The origin of Raven Storm   The origin of Raven Storm EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 7:10 pm

lolz xD i need to type 4 pages of a book i wrote so itll take some time
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The origin of Raven Storm   The origin of Raven Storm EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 8:30 pm

Dude... that was SO METAL! \,,,/
Back to top Go down
infina
Sovereign - General
Sovereign - General
infina

PostSubject: Re: The origin of Raven Storm   The origin of Raven Storm EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 8:40 pm

Nice story there raven. So are you writing this now? or did you already write it?

Ravenstorm wrote:
Growing up almost on my own with nobody to take of me.
That's so nice of him! xD
Back to top Go down
Ravenstorm
Ravenstorm

PostSubject: Re: The origin of Raven Storm   The origin of Raven Storm EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 10:39 pm

infina wrote:
Nice story there raven. So are you writing this now? or did you already write it?

Ravenstorm wrote:

LOL xD
well i did already write the 1st 10 pages but only the 4... or 3 1st pages are actually prologue and since the thread is called the ORIGIN of Ravenstorm i wont be posting the other 7 or 6 pages
Back to top Go down
Ravenstorm
Ravenstorm

PostSubject: Re: The origin of Raven Storm   The origin of Raven Storm EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 10:42 pm

EvilClown wrote:
Dude... that was SO METAL! \,,,/
it gets worse
Back to top Go down
Nobody
Nobody

PostSubject: Re: The origin of Raven Storm   The origin of Raven Storm EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 12:25 am

infina wrote:

Ravenstorm wrote:

You know I Am A Nice Guy Razz

Good Story Now Write the rest of It Very Happy
Back to top Go down
infina
Sovereign - General
Sovereign - General
infina

PostSubject: Re: The origin of Raven Storm   The origin of Raven Storm EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 2:41 am

Nobody wrote:
Good Story Now Write the rest of It Very Happy
He already did!
Back to top Go down
Ravenstorm
Ravenstorm

PostSubject: Re: The origin of Raven Storm   The origin of Raven Storm EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 8:06 pm

my goal is to get the story done by monday because the exams start wednsday and i need to get it finished to be able to study tuesday
Back to top Go down
infina
Sovereign - General
Sovereign - General
infina

PostSubject: Re: The origin of Raven Storm   The origin of Raven Storm EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 12:34 am

Seeing the end of the 2nd page you should maybe add a warning for people who don't like that bloody stuff xD

Nice and interesting story. Guess we'll have to wait for a while to read the next part
Back to top Go down
Ravenstorm
Ravenstorm

PostSubject: Re: The origin of Raven Storm   The origin of Raven Storm EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 8:05 pm

yea srry bout that :/ my parents just dont trust me with my laptop during exams
oh well.. its a bloody uber cliffhanger then XD
Back to top Go down
Ravenstorm
Ravenstorm

PostSubject: Re: The origin of Raven Storm   The origin of Raven Storm EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 5:08 am

yea guys im done with the story however i am not satisfied by the end...
i lost the page with the end on it so i excuse myself if the end doesnt cohert with the rest of the story

much of reading pleasures
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The origin of Raven Storm   The origin of Raven Storm Empty

Back to top Go down

The origin of Raven Storm
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sovereign Legion :: Sovereign - General Zone :: Creative Studio & Media Center-
Jump to: