PortalHomeFAQSearchRegisterRulesLog in

Sovereign will be playing Neverwinter in the Beholder Server. Join us now!

Share | 

2012 the Year of the Movie Blockbusters

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Patronus
Sovereign Loyalists - Past Glory
Sovereign Loyalists -  Past Glory

PostSubject: 2012 the Year of the Movie Blockbusters   Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:05 pm

So it's been an exciting year for movies. It seems the most popular catagory this year is the action movies and further into that superhero movies. From Avengers to Spidey to the wrold's greatest detectve The Dark Knight. Don't forget about Expendables 2 folks.

So, I started this thread to see what you guys have been into at the movies. What's been the one you've been looking forward to the most? Which one left you wanting more or left you wishing there was less? What upcoming title are you expecting to wait in line at midnight premier?

I would post a poll here but there have just been far too many contending titles and 2012 isn't even over yet while we await the next LOTR franchise series to hit so just freeflow people.
------

For me, Avengers was great (obviously) but as superhero movies go I have to go with my main man Batman. (SPOILER)Forgetting the Robin comment(endSPOILER) in the end the movie from start to finish simply entranced me. Then again there hasn't been one out of Nolan's ten movies that really dissapointed. You can't beat this director and the cast are some of the best in the buisness (just because Bale has that lisp lest we forget he did have a "Moving Castle"!)

Unfortuneatley I have not gotten to Bourne yet but if anyone has seenit let me know if I should or if it's ok to wait for Blu-Ray.

I don't know about anyone else but the biggest dissapointment for me ended up being Ted. Even though it did get a few lols and chuckles from me and though I love MacFarlane's work (American Dad, Family Guy), for me knowing his capabilities this film ended up being an extended FG episode and not one of the funniest.
------

But what about my fellow guildmates, what was your favorite or least?
Back to top Go down
Severance
Sovereign Legion - Intermediate
Sovereign Legion - Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: 2012 the Year of the Movie Blockbusters   Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:06 am

Seen both The Avengers and The Dark Knight Rises. Both simply awesome.

Wait....awesome?

AWESOME DOSEN'T EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE THEM

But yeah pretty good movies Smile

The next one i am looking foward to is The Hobbit which should air in December.
Back to top Go down
Patronus

PostSubject: Re: 2012 the Year of the Movie Blockbusters   Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:11 am

Severance wrote:

Wait....awesome?

AWESOME DOSEN'T EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE THEM

Couldn't agree with you more. Of coarse being a huge Nolan and Batman fan for me TDKR ran it this year but Avengers was probably my second favorite movie of 2012.

The Hobbit might just put Avengers in an easy third, let's hope Jackson and Hobbit hold up to their already reputation.
Back to top Go down
Erianx
+ Sovereign Loyalists - Veteran
+ Sovereign Loyalists - Veteran

PostSubject: Re: 2012 the Year of the Movie Blockbusters   Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:27 pm

I'm also really excited for The Hobbit! I've read the book several times, and growing up the old animated version was definitely in my top ten movies. Hopefully people don't put too much anticipation onto it.

As for movies I've seen this year, I haven't seen that many. I recently watched The Hunger Games, so that was one of my favorites. I feel like it stayed as loyal to it's book series as movies can without drawing the movie into a never ending film that would take days to watch. It probably won't be something I'll fan girl and obssess over, but I am looking forward to the next one. And that's all I remember really watching this year that's worthy of any note..

I've heard good things about the movie Brave, even though it's a kid's Disney movie. I might go see that, regardless of the mixed reviews. The animation looks amazing, and from what I can tell the storyline seems entertaining, though I haven't researched it in depth.
Back to top Go down
Patronus

PostSubject: Re: 2012 the Year of the Movie Blockbusters   Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:39 pm

My family is huge on Disney and Pixar flicks. If you share the enthusiasm for these titles then it's definately a movie I would suggest for you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2012 the Year of the Movie Blockbusters   

Back to top Go down

2012 the Year of the Movie Blockbusters
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sovereign Legion :: Sovereign - General Zone :: General Chit-Chat-
Jump to: