Sovereign Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How To Export Sony Vegas and Adobe After Effects in 720p HD HometiPortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterRulesLog in

Sovereign will be playing Neverwinter in the Beholder Server. Join us now!

How To Export Sony Vegas and Adobe After Effects in 720p HD

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

How To Export Sony Vegas and Adobe After Effects in 720p HD Empty
PostSubject: How To Export Sony Vegas and Adobe After Effects in 720p HD   How To Export Sony Vegas and Adobe After Effects in 720p HD EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 9:28 am

I figured I would go ahead and make this thread discussing my method of rendering video files in 720p HD since it can be confusing at times and Youtube will occasionally not accept an HD render. Basically this thread is just a tutorial on how to get good quality video up on youtube for anyone that wants to.

For Sony Vegas:

1. Make sure that any video you are importing into Vegas (to add audio or whatever) is already in an HD format (16:9 aspect ratio).
2. Set the composition size to 1440x720 pixels (the size that youtube is).
3. Right click the video footage you have and uncheck the maintain aspect ratio box.
4. File - Render As.
5. Under the 'Save As' drop down menu - select Sony AVC.
6. Beside the template box, click Custom.
7. Under the Project Tab, select Best.
8. Under the Video Tab, select custom. Then type enter 1440 and 720 in the boxes.
9. Under the Audio Tab, make sure the drop down box has 192kbps audio selected.
10. *Optional* In the Bit Rate box, type in the bit rate from the original video. (For example, if the video size is 10MB, you would put 10,000,000)
11. Render Smile

For Adobe After Effects:

1. Make sure that the Composition is 1440x720.
2. After finishing, hit ctrl+shift+?. This will bring up the pre-render box down below. There will be a link that says Lossless. Click this.
3. You should now see the output setting menu.
4. Click the format options box.
5. Choose XVID MPEG-4 Codec from the drop down list. (You might have to download and install it if you dont already have it).
6. Click Configure.
7. Drag the slider all the way to the left and click OK.
8. At the bottom of the output settings menu, there will be a checkbox for audio output. Make sure this is checked even if there is no audio.
9. Press Render Smile

The above methods should result in 720p Youtube video 100% of the time. Hopefully this will be of assistance to many.

Last edited by Translucent on Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SirAnon
Sovereign Loyalists - Past Glory
Sovereign Loyalists -  Past Glory
SirAnon

PostSubject: Re: How To Export Sony Vegas and Adobe After Effects in 720p HD   How To Export Sony Vegas and Adobe After Effects in 720p HD EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 9:37 am

Now all I need to do is learn how to make Videos....but of what? lol

EDIT: I'm going to dabble in video editing for a bit and see what I can do. I'm acquiring CyberLink PowerDirector 8 Ultra....since I here it's a very powerful and very versatile video editing software. Also, I saw a few reviews on which was best lol. I don't know, I'm just going to see what's up.
Back to top Go down
Aries
+ Sovereign Legion - Legionnaire
Aries

PostSubject: Re: How To Export Sony Vegas and Adobe After Effects in 720p HD   How To Export Sony Vegas and Adobe After Effects in 720p HD EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 10:16 am

Where do I donwload the XVID MPEG-4 Codec? And once I do download it does it have to be in a specific file to appear in Adobe After Effects?

Followed your guide except for the XVID MPEG-4 Codec part, chose another compressor. Rendering the Sovereign Intro again, gonna see if it's better.

P.S. - Already uploaded the Sovereign Intro in HD, but on accident, lol. I'm rendering another one with your guide, and I made a few improvements on the video as well.

~Sealed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How To Export Sony Vegas and Adobe After Effects in 720p HD   How To Export Sony Vegas and Adobe After Effects in 720p HD EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 10:26 am

Go to google and type in xvid codec. Its the first site, download and install. The installer will put it in the right spot.

Let me know if it works. It definitely should. Also, I checked out your intro earlier today. It looks stellar bro.
Back to top Go down
SirAnon
SirAnon

PostSubject: Re: How To Export Sony Vegas and Adobe After Effects in 720p HD   How To Export Sony Vegas and Adobe After Effects in 720p HD EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 11:03 am

Ok so I ended up getting Sony Vegas as well....should I also get After Effects?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How To Export Sony Vegas and Adobe After Effects in 720p HD   How To Export Sony Vegas and Adobe After Effects in 720p HD EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 8:00 pm

It wouldn't hurt. After Effects isn't really 'necessary', but you can do a lot in AE that can't be done in Vegas. The learning curve isn't too bad either, it just takes time to learn the different functions and what they do.
Back to top Go down
Aries
Aries

PostSubject: Re: How To Export Sony Vegas and Adobe After Effects in 720p HD   How To Export Sony Vegas and Adobe After Effects in 720p HD EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 8:09 pm

I learned After Effects first so it's easier to me, and its like my fourth day using it and I'm doing well. I believe your imagination is more powerful than your skill in video editing, so if you have a really creative mind go for it.
Video rendering on After Effects now, once I'm done with it I can upload it in Sony Vegas to add Audio correct?

~Sealed
Back to top Go down
SirAnon
SirAnon

PostSubject: Re: How To Export Sony Vegas and Adobe After Effects in 720p HD   How To Export Sony Vegas and Adobe After Effects in 720p HD EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 8:31 pm

Well, I'll get After effects as well then o_o

I'm guessing CS5 is the latest because that's the one I'm getting. No idea.
Back to top Go down
Aries
Aries

PostSubject: Re: How To Export Sony Vegas and Adobe After Effects in 720p HD   How To Export Sony Vegas and Adobe After Effects in 720p HD EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 8:43 pm

Hmm when I transfer it to Vegas after I rendered it, nothing but a black screen shows throughout the movie...
Maybe I got to change the format its rendered in?

~Sealed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How To Export Sony Vegas and Adobe After Effects in 720p HD   How To Export Sony Vegas and Adobe After Effects in 720p HD EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 10:40 pm

@Sealed:

Did you get the XVID codec or were you using something else?
Back to top Go down
Aries
Aries

PostSubject: Re: How To Export Sony Vegas and Adobe After Effects in 720p HD   How To Export Sony Vegas and Adobe After Effects in 720p HD EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 10:43 pm

Yeah, Xvid MPEG-4 Codec

~Sealed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How To Export Sony Vegas and Adobe After Effects in 720p HD   How To Export Sony Vegas and Adobe After Effects in 720p HD Empty

Back to top Go down

How To Export Sony Vegas and Adobe After Effects in 720p HD
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sovereign Legion :: Sovereign - General Zone :: Creative Studio & Media Center-
Jump to: