Sovereign Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Tunisian wedding (my sister's) HometiPortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterRulesLog in

Sovereign will be playing Neverwinter in the Beholder Server. Join us now!

Our Tunisian wedding (my sister's)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CheesecakeFTW
+ Sovereign Loyalists - Veteran
CheesecakeFTW

Our Tunisian wedding (my sister's) Empty
PostSubject: Our Tunisian wedding (my sister's)   Our Tunisian wedding (my sister's) EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 5:35 pm

Hello dear folks,
Like I promised, I will post some pics of my sister's wedding day.

But before, I want to explain it because it's so differrent from other weddings and more complicated may I add as well.
A tunisian wedding lasts for about 7 days and 7 nights (at least for a traditionnal one) though some poeple makes it less long. I will explain how my sisters did.
- Day 1: We take the bride for a good 2 hours in the hammam, we exfoliate our skins XD, we dance, we laugh. Thou I founf it strange to dance we practically naked women >.< but it was really fun. we laughed a lot. and I had a really great massage that day so no complains XD.

- Day 2 : the registrar or the notary comes to the bride's home and she and her husband signs the wedding act, now they are officially married. Then later for the evening we made a dinner for I think more or less than 200 poeple. Then it's the henna, the "hanenna" is the woman who does henna to the bride and also the one who wax the bride too Shocked there is also a traditionnal orchestra named soulemia. most of the time it's men and they sing religious songs though they turn it in a more dance party after XD.

- Day 3: Not much happenned that day, my sister redid her henna so it will be nearly black. As for me I passed all day cleaning >.<. Then at the afternoon we went to the husband's house to prepare and decorate the room were the future newlywed couple will be sleeping.

- Day 4: It's the outeya, it's a party in the honnor of the bride. I think that it's the more fun party, I really had a good time and since it was an all women party I had the chance to battle abellydance battle with my sister ;p. That night the bride is the queen, she have her own chair on a highest platform. then later ( as in really later) the husband comes with his family and sits a little with the bride. we dance and dance and dance again till it's time for the mother of the husband to give jewelry to the bride.

- Day 5: nothing happens that day, we use it to rest and spend time with my sister.

- Day 6: it's the big day. we wake up early clean the house and prepare to face the last minutes trouble like *where the hell are my shoes??* or *Mom where did you put the camera?* in wich she responds with a lost look*I don't know go see your father* and it goes on like that.
then the night ends very late we (her sisters) went with her to her house to help her take of the so heavy dress and we wish her all the hapiness she diserves.
End.

PS: as you may noticed it's only 6 days but that was my sister's choice XD if it where me I will make it 7 Twisted Evil

So that's it XD I hope you enjoyed it (^o^)

Last edited by EleyneTwo on Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Miubs
Sovereign Legion - Private
Sovereign Legion - Private
Miubs

PostSubject: Re: Our Tunisian wedding (my sister's)   Our Tunisian wedding (my sister's) EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 6:19 am

I always thought that the weddings in my country,Romania,are long,they last for 2-3 days.

But 6-7 days of party?Awesome.

I'm always glad to learn about other people traditions,it's nice to know a little bit frome every culture.

Congrats to your sister and send her my best wishes.and we have a saying in Romania for newlyweds:I wish you to have a house made of stone(you get the meaning of the expression).
Back to top Go down
CheesecakeFTW
CheesecakeFTW

PostSubject: Re: Our Tunisian wedding (my sister's)   Our Tunisian wedding (my sister's) EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 3:07 pm

Thank youuuuuu

and lool 7 days are really long apart from the party and all the happiness, there is a lot of tension too.
There is no wedding without it's content of fights between us and our relatives (my dad's family) XD
But, well that's how it goes for us XD
thank you for your wishes and I really like the romanian saying XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our Tunisian wedding (my sister's)   Our Tunisian wedding (my sister's) Empty

Back to top Go down

Our Tunisian wedding (my sister's)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sovereign Legion :: Sovereign - General Zone :: General Chit-Chat-
Jump to: