PortalHomeFAQSearchRegisterRulesLog in

Sovereign will be playing Neverwinter in the Beholder Server. Join us now!

Share | 

Expectations from Sovereign and News on Imperium EC

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ryuuketsu
Sovereign - Major
Sovereign - Major

PostSubject: Expectations from Sovereign and News on Imperium EC   Sun May 08, 2011 12:27 am

Hello All,

I come to you all with some news. Some may have already heard it, some may have heard different versions of it and some may have not. So, this announcement is for the benefit of all Sovereign members.

Imperium guild on East Coast Server, which was orginally Sovereign's branch on that server, has spun off from Sovereign. Due to various reasons, most widely cited ones being my inactivity and the failure to renew the vent server, Serenade and his officers decided to move out of Sovereign and to continue Imperium as an independent entity. Clearly, they were unhappy about the handling (or the apparent lack thereof) in Sovereign. So, at this point, I can only wish them good luck with their guild.

Now, with this as the premise, I'll move on to the more important part of this post. I'd like everyone here to read the following very carefully. This is equally important for the old, current and new members of Sovereign. This will tell you what to expect from the guild and the leadership so you'll know what you've walked into.

===================================================

Real Life is a more important game

I could not have possibly emphasized this any more. From the day Sovereign was made, it has firmly believed in respecting peoples personal lives and commitments. We know and understand that your life, family, career, academics or work is more important to you and us than any game we play or will ever play. Sure, the game might want you to be logged in everyday, but if you are expected to attend to life during that time, that is where you should be. In the end, no one's going to care about your achievements in game, as opposed to what you've managed in real life.

With that being said, I'm very much a part of Sovereign and these rules apply to me as well. So, I guess it goes without saying that if I'm needed in real life, I will, without the slightest hesitation pay attention to that first, just as I expect anyone else to do. However, as in the past, I will ensure that I find a suitable replacement for me during my absence. I don't expect anyone to sacrifie your RL and I expect the same in return.

If we have a disagreement on this point, all I can say is - "It was nice knowing you".

We are not a hardcore guild. Friendship and Loyalty are on the top of my list and not Power and Dominance. For the latter two, you'll find more suitable guilds than Sovereign.

Rage quit is the easy way out

Here is a question to all those who claim Sovereign their 'home'. What does one do if there is a problem at home? Run away? Sure, that's the easy way out. But, does it not make more sense to fix the problem and get things back to normal? I sure believe so ...

Although, I may not be available in game, I'm always avaialable on the forums, just a PM away. If, at anytime, anyone faces an issue within Sovereign, you are always welcome (actually, I urge you) to send me a message.

If your approach to a problem is to walk/run away from it, then you are being no different from any other random rage quitter who quits any guild. I'm sure everyone has seen a handful in their times.

If you don't give me a chance to fix things, then I'll simply assume that you had no interest in seeing it fixed to begin with.

===================================================

Now, here a few changes as a result of the recent developments.

-- The officers team will see a shuffle. More on that soon.

-- There will be no changes to the forum IDs of those who left Sovereign for Imperium EC.

-- The Vent Server has been down and will remain so until further notice. It takes money to recharge Vent and at the moment there are a few things in my RL that warrant monetary attention. So, before the next person decides to cry and rage quit because vent is down, I decided to make this clear. Until then, if anyone would like to use voice comm, there's GSC. We are also trying to find other options.

=====================================================

Now, if anyone has any comments, concerns, complaints or questions over what's written here or anything about Sovereign in general, feel free to approach me. Of course, then there is the easy way out, which we've already seen an elegant display of. So, the choice is all yours.

I'm sorry if I came off to you as being rude in this post, it was not my intention to be that way. But I assure you that this post was not written on an impulse. I waited a good ten days before doing this to ensure that I'm as calm and collected as I can be after this nonsensical episode.

~Ryuu

"Remember, upon the conduct of each, depends the fate of all." - Alexander The Great

Last edited by Ryuuketsu on Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Serenade
+ Sovereign Legion - Legionnaire

PostSubject: Re: Expectations from Sovereign and News on Imperium EC   Sun May 08, 2011 6:15 am

I could write one of my usual walls of text to explain myself in detail, but it would be besides the point. What’s more, the issues I see with this community have a lot to do with its fundamental values, which I find very respectable and very nice sounding in the theory (I once believed in them myself), but to sadly have shown very little results in the practice.

If anything Ryuu, the issue for me was simple, if I was to assume the complete leadership of Sovereign so that you could retire from gaming entirely (as was your original plan), I would have had to change Sovereign to such a deep extent and to such a fundamental part of its core principles and values, that at that point it hardly could have been called Sovereign anymore and I would probably have had most of our veterans against me… and all that effort for the sake of a community that is hardly here anymore anyway. With that in mind, the reasonable solution was to simply move on with my own beliefs and with my own community that follows me; so that Sovereign could remain the way it was intended to be. I you and this community wants to believe that I took the easy way out, so be it Smile

With that in mind, let me remind the words you yourself once posted as part of the rules the officers of this guild were to abide by themselves: “an inactive officer is nothing more than a liability”.

And finally, let me ask a simple question to this community: What does a gaming community that doesn’t game anymore have left?

So, with that I wish the Sovereign community and its officers the best of luck, and I hope that it can go on to find again the ambition that it once drove it and that it can have all the fun and success it deserves on any of its future games.
Back to top Go down
Reivalt Geriant
Sovereign Loyalists - Past Glory
Sovereign Loyalists -  Past Glory

PostSubject: Re: Expectations from Sovereign and News on Imperium EC   Sun May 08, 2011 2:24 pm

Serenade wrote:
And finally, let me ask a simple question to this community: What does a gaming community that doesn’t game anymore have left?
The very same thing we started off with and gave us enough members to actually start on a game and always kept us together after that; a community. Gaming & Community are two words. Gaming falls away. Community remains. Those who fail to realize this and have headed down the path of game > rl have no further buisiness here.

I regret we had to part this way, after all work we've been doing together. Banning members and deleting posts made by our guys visiting your forum isn't something you would usually be doing.

That aside, best of luck.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sovereign-legion.net/
monimad

PostSubject: Re: Expectations from Sovereign and News on Imperium EC   Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:52 am

Okey, so i thought a lot if i should write this and i decided to do so. This is my point of view and my reasons for leaving.

For ppl that have no idea who i was then you dont need to read this ;p

Im actually posting this because i got a pm on the forums and came here and after i read the "rage quit" part in Ryuuketsu`s post i had to reply.

So lets see, the biggest reason for the east branch to "separate" wasnt because Ventrillo died, If Ryuuketsu had said that he needed money for it i know 2 ppl that would have paid for it. The principal reason was the leadership of the guild , or should i say the lack of it.

In CB you said that you didnt play because you would get bored of the game so you gave leadership to Serenade (which was still cool) , then when we were planning for OB and i asked if you would lead or Reivalt or Infina,You said youll lead and make me Vice-Leader. All perfect till here

OB starts and we make the guild. You play for 3 days and then just randomly appear from time to time. And i have to manage everything. Its still good, cuz im the vice and an officer so its my responsibility. 2-3 weeks pass ( i cant be sure of the number) and ppl start asking about you and where are you. you said you were busy irl and that you would be back soon.

With time I pm you here on the forums cuz you stopped logging ingame and you reply to me that you had planned on creating the guild and giving me leadership........... I wasnt even asked if i wanted to be leader and so i refused , i saw that you have no interest in the game and that you probably wont ever play it. So i decide to help you find a new leader and Sweet accepts. I remained till we got the base to support her cuz ofc you didnt do it. You were busy again.

Yes RL is more important , but if you make a guild then lead it. And ask about ppl`s opinion before making plans for them.

I really hope that the guild is doing well because i have good friends in it. Best of luck to all

PS: The banned person in the East Cost Forum was banned due to personal reasons and im sure he knows them . No one was banned cuz he/she was from Sovereign. And im still friends with that person and talk to him/her . And ppl like Caro just werent given access to the forum because they arent members (you can still post on my wall Caro :p)
Back to top Go down
Xionar

PostSubject: Re: Expectations from Sovereign and News on Imperium EC   Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:10 am

"I regret we had to part this way, after all work we've been doing together. Banning members and deleting posts made by our guys visiting your forum isn't something you would usually be doing."

We banned one person...this is not plural. He left our guild and joined another. Then proceeded to try to recruit our members to take them away. He was no longer one of us, and I don't think any of you would do that either. I think our reaction of deleting his account was perfectly justified, given those circumstances. Any other person, even non guild members could sign up and chat with us...and wouldn't get banned. It seems you only heard half that story rei Razz

We have never banned anyone from sov that came to visit our site. We wouldn't do that without justifiable reason and you should know that.

That aside I do miss some of you and hope everyone is doing well Smile
Back to top Go down
Odisiac18

PostSubject: Re: Expectations from Sovereign and News on Imperium EC   Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:45 am

monimad wrote:
Okey, so i thought a lot if i should write this and i decided to do so. This is my point of view and my reasons for leaving.

For ppl that have no idea who i was then you dont need to read this ;p

Im actually posting this because i got a pm on the forums and came here and after i read the "rage quit" part in Ryuuketsu`s post i had to reply.

So lets see, the biggest reason for the east branch to "separate" wasnt because Ventrillo died, If Ryuuketsu had said that he needed money for it i know 2 ppl that would have paid for it. The principal reason was the leadership of the guild , or should i say the lack of it.

In CB you said that you didnt play because you would get bored of the game so you gave leadership to Serenade (which was still cool) , then when we were planning for OB and i asked if you would lead or Reivalt or Infina,You said youll lead and make me Vice-Leader. All perfect till here

OB starts and we make the guild. You play for 3 days and then just randomly appear from time to time. And i have to manage everything. Its still good, cuz im the vice and an officer so its my responsibility. 2-3 weeks pass ( i cant be sure of the number) and ppl start asking about you and where are you. you said you were busy irl and that you would be back soon.

With time I pm you here on the forums cuz you stopped logging ingame and you reply to me that you had planned on creating the guild and giving me leadership........... I wasnt even asked if i wanted to be leader and so i refused , i saw that you have no interest in the game and that you probably wont ever play it. So i decide to help you find a new leader and Sweet accepts. I remained till we got the base to support her cuz ofc you didnt do it. You were busy again.

Yes RL is more important , but if you make a guild then lead it. And ask about ppl`s opinion before making plans for them.

I really hope that the guild is doing well because i have good friends in it. Best of luck to all

PS: The banned person in the East Cost Forum was banned due to personal reasons and im sure he knows them . No one was banned cuz he/she was from Sovereign. And im still friends with that person and talk to him/her . And ppl like Caro just werent given access to the forum because they arent members (you can still post on my wall Caro :p)

off-topic hey there papa. I remember ya and wish you well too Smile your recruit is doing pretty well Very Happy finally got to 54 after awhile lol..and helping the lowbies now when I had time like you and sweet used to help me before. there was a money making run for gear in the middle hence the slower levelling.. hope your well too my man Smile. guess i;ll drop you a pm soon. good luck and have fun my man
Back to top Go down
Phyr
Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Expectations from Sovereign and News on Imperium EC   Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:25 am

Oh hello, I know I'm pretty new. However. I have 2x empty Mumbleservers that you can feel free to use. They are European, both of them...

However, feel free to contact me regarding that.

~Jess
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Expectations from Sovereign and News on Imperium EC   

Back to top Go down

Expectations from Sovereign and News on Imperium EC
Page 1 of 1