Sovereign Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sovereign's First Anniversary! HometiPortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterRulesLog in

Sovereign will be playing Neverwinter in the Beholder Server. Join us now!

Sovereign's First Anniversary!

Go down 
+9
Zeifod
Vexim
KapitanKapusta
Nobody
Sweetnight
Ravenstorm
AngelBunny
Reivalt Geriant
Ryuuketsu
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Ryuuketsu
Sovereign - Major
Sovereign - Major
Ryuuketsu

Sovereign's First Anniversary! Empty
PostSubject: Sovereign's First Anniversary!   Sovereign's First Anniversary! EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 6:31 pm

All,

It gives me great pleasure to inform you all that come this Saturday (9th-April), Sovereign turns a year old. In the gaming universe, where there are guilds which have lasted for over 5 and 10 years, 1 year may not sound as impressive. But, if you look at the number of guilds that die within just months, weeks or even days of creatiion, I firmly believe that having successfully completed one year is a feat worthy of appreciation.

A walk down the memory lane for the benefit of the newer members. Sovereign was created as a guild in Aika Global. However, due to the delay in the game's release, we ventured into other games like Florensia and Heroes of Three Kindgoms. The guild's outlook and approach attracted a lot of members from these games who have stuck with us through different other games which we have played over the last one year. The community began to grow and we felt the need to expand our horizons and hence, adapted the mutli-gaming approach. About this time, Aika Global released and we turned our focus completely to it. The first few weeks were very promising for the guild. But as time passed things did not work too well in Aika. As the activity and interest in Aika began to dwindle, we landed upon our next big project - Forsaken World. This is where we are now and we are looking forward to our next venture in Guild Wars 2.

One year, multiple games, 620 registered forum users and 27.6K forum posts. I don't think I expected us to have such exceptional statistics when I started Sovereign. But, all this would have been impossible, if I had not had the support and dedication of the community. And as in every case, there are few individuals who have stood out and given a lot of time and effort towards the progress the guild and I greatly appreciate their contribution. While some of these individuals have been promoted to official positions, some of them have and continue to work behind the scenes.

What is going to follow is a vote of thanks and although I will list a few names here, I'd like you all to know that the biggest asset for any guild leader is the community. A leader and officers alone do not make a guild. And hence, my first and foremost gratitude goes out to :

-- All loyal Sovereign members - Loyalty is the No.1 trait any leader will look for in his members. And I've been blessed with a group of people who have been loyal to the guild. I take this opportunity to express my gratitude to you folks. Thanks for making Sovereign what it is right now. And I know that I can count on you guys to take Sovereign forward in future as well.

-- Reivalt - My trusted Vice leader. He was the third member to join Sovereign. The first two are not with us anymore and that makes him the oldest Sovereign member. Although he's constantly talking about raising his dark forces, he's been sincere, loyal and highly dedicated in this duties. He's worked really hard on arranging and rearranging the forums and writing up content in a lot of guild management related posts.

-- Serenade - Serenade (Ashe, as I usually call him) joined us in Aika Global. His level-headed thinking and sensible approach to things earned him a promotion as Special-Ops. On hindsight, I now think that was one of the best promotions that I've given. He turned out to be a great asset as an officer and now here in FW, he's doing a great job leading the guild in East Coast. And, thanks to Rei and Ashe, I'm also able to take time off to focus on my RL when required.

-- Kiddo - He's the unsung hero in most cases, but to me he's played an equally important role in the guild's progress as the two above. He's my go-to man ventrillo and guild database related work. He's put in an incredible amount of time and effort in the guild roster and also his sincerity in managing the vent access permissions for the members is simply great. Even now, from behind the scenes, he's support Sweetnight in guild related matters in FW-EU.

-- Infi - One of my most trusted counsels. Now that I think of it, I had met Infi even before meeting the others here in the premise of Aika Global. Infi was then leading a guild in Aika NA and was planning on making a guild in Global. However, that did not work out and he joined us. His maturity and previous experience as guild leader has helped us a lot. Offlate, he's also been making some really great promo videos for the guild.

-- LordPopoy -- Another of my trusted counsels. Impressed me with this mature thinking. He's an asset for any leader.

-- JohnnyRico -- One of the oldest members of Sovereign. He did a good job in leading the guild in HoTK and played with us for a while in Aika until RL got the better of him. He's now back and I'm hoping to see a lot more of him.

-- LimitedSky -- He doesn't say much, but when he does he means business. He was a great asset for Sovereign in Aika leading the battle from the frontlines!

-- Schivokanda -- She joined us in Aika and quickly impressed us with her loyalty and dedication. And deservedly, rose up to the ranks of an officer. She'll be missed in Forsaken World I'm looking forward to seeing her in future Sovereign games.

-- AngelBunny -- She's the talent behind the great banners/signatures and UBs that you see around in the forums! The Anniversary banner was her idea and creation as well. She also did a good job with managing a branch of the guild in WoW private server.

-- HoTK Team - Although our stay in HoTK was very short, we had a capable officer team. Some of them succumbed to the demands of RL while some of them are still around. (Officer Team : JohhnyRico, Sixaxis, kesshoux, Raaven, SirAnon). There were also significant contributions from non-officers like tehmiminator.

-- Aika Team - Aika was our first big game and it truly needed an effective leadership team to make sure things went well. We were lucky to have some really good group in Aika. (Officer Team: Infi, LordPopoy, Limitedsky, Valand, Asherah, Schivo, Goldian). Some of the non-officers who stood out in their contributions were - Aimbot, Alien, Basil, Bazooka, Habagat, Kiddosr, Nobody, Mizasuke, Riviera, Teite, Yareah

-- FW Team - Our current venture had a multitude of complications which again needed an able leadership group to keep things in order. Although I'm not playing FW as actively, I'm updated on most things on both servers and I must say, I'm well and truly impressed by the way things are at the moment. (Team : Serenade, Sweetnight, Xionar, Maia, Papagalikus).

I really wish I could go on and list out a lot more names and express my gratitude to each of these people. But given the time frame and the number that I'll be addressing, it'll be a herculean task. So, I'll end this just as I had started. This day has been made possible because of every single member of Sovereign - past and present. Everyone has had a part to play in what we are now. Even the ones who left us at some point have taught us things we can learn about how to handle things better.

I'm afraid this post is already a huge wall of text (Ashe's influence seems to be rubbing off on me). I'm sorry for those who skipped the list of names above and jumped straight to the last line. They'll probbaly never know that I thanked them. Razz

Anyway, as part of the Anniversary celebrations, the FW leadership in co-ordination with Sovereign's Mgmt has arranged a few events in game and forums. I hope you guys participate in those events and have fun. I heard there are prizes to be won! Reivalt should be posting the details soon enough.

Once again, I thank you all for your time and dedication. We have come this far and I'm sure we can travel great distances and scale great heights with this community!

And last but not the least, I'll leave you with this gem from Infi - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jCCACoDlyI

Had me laughing all through ... xD

~Ryuu

Last edited by Ryuuketsu on Sun May 08, 2011 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Reivalt Geriant
Sovereign Loyalists - Past Glory
Sovereign Loyalists -  Past Glory
Reivalt Geriant

PostSubject: Re: Sovereign's First Anniversary!   Sovereign's First Anniversary! EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 7:00 pm

Hey folks Smile

I would like to join Ryuu in thanking all our members for their time here. Without you guys we never would have come so far, and you also are the foundation that will cause us to keep on going. The fact that I am doing my job for such a dedicated, friendly and loyal playerbase gives me the motivation to keep on going for the times to come. And I hope that will be with all of you guys. Kudos to you all, let's keep on going and make history in the places we will end up in Smile

Sovereign is more than a guild. It is a family. It is a second home one can always return to. I have been with the guild from the beginning, and have seen many things. Next to playing games, meeting many different people, having fun on the Vent and everything Sovereign has also given me many things. If it was not for Sovereign I would not have met AngelBunny, my dearest and beloved girlfriend. If it was not for Sovereign, I would not have experienced the fun of playing in a group. If it was not for Sovereign, I would not have found a true place to call 'home'.

Anyways, enough with the official talk Razz Happy first anniversary, Sovereign! Very Happy
Thanks to the help and support of many I have been able to prepare a batch of events for you guys to enjoy in the upcoming days. On the official birthday, 9th April, the events will be posted to the Guild Events section. I wish everyone fun with them, and hope as much as possible will participate Smile

P.S. Special kudos to Infi for further realizing my 'force the pokemon and power rangers theme song' plan onto Sovereign xD I haven't laughed that hard in real life in a long, long time.

Go forth, Soverangers!

~Rei.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sovereign-legion.net/
AngelBunny
Sovereign - Major
Sovereign - Major
AngelBunny

PostSubject: Re: Sovereign's First Anniversary!   Sovereign's First Anniversary! EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 7:18 pm

Ryuuketsu wrote:

-- AngelBunny -- She's the talent behind the great banners/signatures and UBs that you see around in the forums! The Anniversary banner was her idea and creation as well. She also did a good job with managing a branch of the guild in WoW private server.

~Ryuu
Sovereign's First Anniversary! Untitled-3
Back to top Go down
Ravenstorm
Ravenstorm

PostSubject: Re: Sovereign's First Anniversary!   Sovereign's First Anniversary! EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 7:30 pm

Happy B-DAY Sovereign!!!! Many more years to come ^^
Back to top Go down
Sweetnight
Sweetnight

PostSubject: Re: Sovereign's First Anniversary!   Sovereign's First Anniversary! EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 7:38 pm

Ou, i really <3 Sovereign song. I wish to thank all our officers for creating and supporting such an awsome guild and not last thank you, dear members, for everything. Having such a great community is a blessing Smile Zlove ya all! Smile
Happy birthday, Sovereign!
Back to top Go down
Nobody
Sovereign - Field Commander
Sovereign - Field Commander
Nobody

PostSubject: Re: Sovereign's First Anniversary!   Sovereign's First Anniversary! EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 8:07 pm

Happy Birthday Sovereign Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KapitanKapusta
+ Sovereign Loyalists - Veteran
KapitanKapusta

PostSubject: Re: Sovereign's First Anniversary!   Sovereign's First Anniversary! EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 8:49 pm

covered teh most awesome song ever and made it even more awesome!

oh and yeah happy b-day in advance .... eventhou you shouldn´t congratulate in advance ._. hmmmm.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001353757873
Vexim
+ Sovereign Legion - Legionnaire
Vexim

PostSubject: Re: Sovereign's First Anniversary!   Sovereign's First Anniversary! EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 9:13 pm

Okay, I haven't listened to your song yet infina BUT as soon as it started I was like....

A.SKJFHAF,JABHDASDABSKDASHDGKAS,DBASDGHKJASVF,ADBFKHAGDKgsdb

The Pokémon theme song is probably on my list of potential ring tones. It's X-Men Evolution right now Wink

(Brief moment of silence whilst I listen to your cover)

Nice lyrics Very Happy Good job infina.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/#!/clearlyTHUYDOAN
Zeifod
Sovereign Legion - Private
Sovereign Legion - Private

PostSubject: Re: Sovereign's First Anniversary!   Sovereign's First Anniversary! EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 9:43 pm

Happyyy Birthdayyy Sovereign Smile
Back to top Go down
CheesecakeFTW
CheesecakeFTW

PostSubject: Re: Sovereign's First Anniversary!   Sovereign's First Anniversary! EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 11:58 pm

happyyyyyyy birthday Sovereign!!!
I'm really happy that I join this guild and I hope to write again for the fifth, tenth and more on anniversarries (^o^)

Love youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu all!! cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sovereign's First Anniversary!   Sovereign's First Anniversary! EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 6:08 am

Happy Bday Sovereign!!!
Bonne Anniversaire Sovereign!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Vexim
Vexim

PostSubject: Re: Sovereign's First Anniversary!   Sovereign's First Anniversary! EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 6:27 am

Mistrelle wrote:
Bonne Anniversaire Sovereign!!! Smile

I like the French touch Wink
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/#!/clearlyTHUYDOAN
Zaruk
Zaruk

PostSubject: Re: Sovereign's First Anniversary!   Sovereign's First Anniversary! EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 7:19 am

LOL was i just jamming to That song !!!! good work

Happy anniversary Sovereign
Back to top Go down
infina
Sovereign - General
Sovereign - General
infina

PostSubject: Re: Sovereign's First Anniversary!   Sovereign's First Anniversary! EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 12:39 pm

glad that people seem to like the song a bit xD

First of all thanks to all of you awesome people in Sovereign Smile And an early happy anniversary since I'll be on the way to Teite at the actual day Wink

Also thanks Ryuu to include me in that post up there ^^ Always nice to see that people appreciate what you did. The real name that should be there however is yours Ryuu! In big golden letters. Without you there wouldn't be any people or community to thank for this year. There would be no Sovereign. You're the one that started all of this and that put so much time to organize everything. Thank you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sovereign's First Anniversary!   Sovereign's First Anniversary! EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 4:05 pm

Hey hey hey, Sovereign it's your B-day Sovereign's First Anniversary! Happy_birthday_new_42738991_116963187

And Sovereign, from one of the newer members
Sovereign's First Anniversary! 16194
Back to top Go down
Kallolin
Sovereign Legion - Intermediate
Sovereign Legion - Intermediate
Kallolin

PostSubject: Re: Sovereign's First Anniversary!   Sovereign's First Anniversary! EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 8:34 pm

Congrratulations to all those mentioned above and to everyone who has made this guild a family. With only being here for a short period I have already found myself a place to call "home." Everyone has been so nice and helpfull during my pleads of ignornace and just having moments of not knowing what the heck I am doing in game Smile

Happy 1st Anniversayr and here is to many more ! cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sovereign's First Anniversary!   Sovereign's First Anniversary! EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 1:04 am

[b] Gratzz to you for making a great, successful guild. I have only been a part of it for a little while but it has been great and look forward to anything new you guys do!! Out of any games I have played with guild's this has been the best experience. THANK YOU FOR MAKING A GREAT GUILD!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sovereign's First Anniversary!   Sovereign's First Anniversary! EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 2:34 am

:3 Happy anniversary and thanks to all our great guildies~~~~! I hope I shall be here for the next anniversary Smile

- Teri
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sovereign's First Anniversary!   Sovereign's First Anniversary! Empty

Back to top Go down

Sovereign's First Anniversary!
Page 1 of 1